How do you plan to engineer the green revolution? Do you have what it takes, and you would you like to contribute significantly to the success of a growing Mechanical team?
Our offer to you, at Lyra Electronics, is an environment where you can do this.
We at Lyra Electronics are looking for an experienced PCB Layout Engineer to join our business.
Lyra Electronics is a growth-stage high-technology engineering company working at the leading edge of power electronics for electric vehicles and green technologies, supporting the transition to NetZero.
With established roots in motorsport and the automotive industry, Lyra Electronics serves
the growing demands of any industry that is looking to embrace electrification to improve the performance and efficiency of their products, while reducing their costs and environmental footprint.
Lyra specialises in high efficiency, compact and high-performance DC-DC converters, motor drive inverters, and other power electronics topologies to support electrification and reduce the carbon footprint of all industries. We at Lyra are looking to recruit the highest calibre personnel to join our highly motivated and friendly team, making their own contribution to a company at the forefront of a fast-moving industry.
About the role
You will take ownership for your own tasks and will endeavour to deal with issues using your
own acumen. You will communicate closely with Project Management, Mechanical and
Electronics teams and will escalate issues when appropriate.
You will understand the fundamentals of power electronics hardware. You will be driven by
your belief in the importance of both for future mobility, industry, and the supporting
To fulfil the role you will:
• PCB design of mixed analogue and digital, high-speed buses, SMPS, impedance- controlled traces, and power electronic circuits.
• Manage Altium Library and designs, component creation and design templates etc.
(According to datasheets and guidelines)
• Schematic Capture and design in a hierarchical structure.
• DFM and DFA experience
• Review other’s component creations and designs to ensure good practice and ‘right
first-time’ designs are released.
• Working knowledge of relevant PCB standards and Assembly guidelines. Ensure
adherence to requirements documentation (ISO 60664, IPC 2221, IPC 600, IPC 7251)
• Work to project plans.
• Support product documentation (e.g., design notes, bills of materials, user manuals)
• Learn and understand the implications of ISO26262.
• Be capable of the highest quality of communication to the Project Management
team, the Engineering Manager and customers.
• Be comfortable working directly with customers including, from time to time, on site
at their premises.
• Demonstrate a self-motivated approach to problem solving.
• Promote consistent working practices.
• Expert user in Altium and Altium 365
• Knowledge of designing for high voltages (<1.2KV) and high currents
• Experience of creating design rules for H.V. power electronics
• Experience of working with electric vehicle systems
• Experience of working with high copper weight PCBs
• Experience of multi-layer designs
• Experience of production design PCBs and documentation
• Knowledge in EMC best layout practise for EMC compliance
• Experience of Design for volume production (DFX)
• Knowledge of the use and limitations of lab test equipment and instrumentation
• Be familiar with ASIL ratings and Functional Safety
• Unlimited leave
• 5% employer’s pension contribution
• Salary sacrifice pension scheme available
• Group life insurance (four times basic annual salary) with Employee Assistance Programme
• Group income protection insurance
• Optional private medical insurance
• Continuous professional development (CPD).
Drag and Drop Website Builder