Lyra Electronics is a growth-stage high-technology engineering company working at the leading edge of power electronics and battery technologies.
With established roots in motorsport and the automotive industry, Lyra Electronics serves the growing demands of any industry that is looking to embrace electrification to improve its cost performance and environmental footprint.
Lyra specialises in high efficiency, compact and high performance DC-DC converters, motor drive inverters, battery management systems and other power electronics topologies to support electrification of all industries.
We at Lyra Electronics are looking to recruit the highest calibre engineers to join our highly motivated team to make their own contribution to a fast growing company in a fast moving industry.
About the role
As a Junior Engineer, you will work under supervision of Senior members of the team and contribute to the technical delivery of one or more projects.
You will be self-driven and take ownership for your own tasks and will endeavour to deal with issues using your own acumen. You will communicate closely with the Project Management team and will escalate issues when appropriate.
You will have sufficient technical knowledge and capability that you can understand new concepts and principles driven by Lyra’s founder and Chief Technical Officer, and drive relevant work scopes into the engineering team.
You will understand the fundamentals of electronics both in terms of software and hardware and you will be driven by your belief in the importance of both for future mobility, industry and the supporting infrastructure.
Lastly, you will enjoy working as part of a close knit team where every individual’s contribution matters and where you will have the freedom to interact directly with every member of the business.
Minimum educational qualifications
• Degree in Electronics Engineering or equivalent.
• You will have a minimum of two years working within a similar field of embedded software design or application ideally for the control of power electronics
Other advantageous skills
• Experience using version control and change management tools
• Experience of working in the automotive industry
• Knowledge of writing software for high voltages and high currents
• Exposure to A-SPICE and ISO26262 (or equivalent) Systems Process management
To fulfil the role you will
• Support the development of, and ensure adherence to, project plans
• Interpret internal/customer specifications and ensure adherence to requirements documentation
• Analyse, refine, and decompose high level requirements to generate software requirements
• Implement, maintain, and document embedded software to fulfil software requirements
• Implement embedded software to drive power electronics components included embedded code, APIs, and user interfaces
• Demonstrate C programming skills as per coding guidelines such as MISRA
• Have experience with communication protocols such as CAN, I2C, SPI, Flexray, LIN and writing drivers for them
• Have experience with 32-bit MCUs such as TI C2000, Infineon Tricore AURIX family etc.
• Understand low-level electronics and be able to trace schematics as required during software debugging and testing
• Write unit, integration and system level test specification and test the embedded software as per test specifications
• Support product documentation (user manuals, etc.)
• Be comfortable working directly with customers including, from time to time, on site at their premises or in the field
• Understand the importance of test, quality assurance and release processes and assure strict adherence to these at all time
• Demonstrate a self-motivated approach to problem solving
• Be capable of the highest quality of communication to the Project Management team, the Engineering Manager, and customers
• Unlimited Leave
• Lyra contributes 5% towards each staff members pension scheme contribution
• Group Life (4 times basic annual salary)
• Employee Assistance Programme