At Lyra Electronics we are always welcoming talented and passionate engineers. Have a look at the current vacancies below, but if you would like to work with us, get in touch even if it does not seem we have a suitable vacancy.
Hardware Safety and Reliability Engineer
About the role
Lyra is moving to high volumes series production and the reliability of its products shall be demonstrated according to automotive industry best practices.
As a Hardware Safety and Reliability Engineer you will drive Hardware Engineering process improvements and ensure our product designs met the ISO 26262 requirements.
You will be familiar with at least one of the commonly recognised industry sources to determine the hardware part failure rates and the failure mode distributions such as IEC/TR 62380, IEC 61709, MIL HDBK 217 F notice 2, RIAC HDBK 217 Plus, UTE C80-811, NPRD 95, EN 50129:2003, Annex C, IEC 62061:2005, Annex D, RIAC FMD97 and MIL HDBK 338
You will take ownership to define hardware architectural metrics to differentiate between different architectures, support evaluation of the final design (making precise calculations with the detailed hardware design) and make available ASIL dependant pass/fail criteria for the hardware architecture.
You will actively contribute to the design of the safety mechanisms to prevent risk from latent faults, single-point faults and residual faults and ensure robustness concerning uncertainty of hardware failure rates.
You will have good experience with DFMEA and FTA and their application in automotive industry.
Minimum educational qualifications
• Degree in Electronics Engineering or equivalent.
• You will have a minimum of five years working within a similar field of embedded electronics design or application
Other advantageous skills
• experience of working with electric vehicles
• knowledge of designing for high voltages and high currents
To fulfill the role you will
• be familiar with ASIL ratings and Functional Safety
• write and interpret specifications and requirements
• ensure adherence to requirements documentation
• support the development of, and ensure adherence to, project plans
• support electronic schematics for power electronics components (DC-DC, motor inverters, battery charging and management, etc.) for compliance with ISO26262
• carry out simulation for power electronics devices and understand the limitations of such simulations
• support product documentation (e.g. design notes, bills of materials, user manuals)
• be capable of the highest quality of communication to the Project Management team, the Engineering Manager and customers
• be comfortable working directly with customers including, from time to time, on site at their premises
• understand the importance of test, quality assurance and release processes and assure strict adherence to these at all time
• demonstrate a self-motivated approach to problem solving
• Unlimited Leave
• Lyra contributes 5% towards each staff members pension scheme contribution
• Group Life (4 times basic annual salary)
• Employee Assistance Programme
email your CV!