At Lyra Electronics we are always welcoming talented and passionate engineers. Have a look at the current vacancies below, but if you would like to work with us, get in touch even if it does not seem we have a suitable vacancy.
Senior Software Engineer
About the role
As a senior engineer, you will take responsibility for the technical delivery of one or more projects and ensure that the team of engineers on those projects understand their tasks and responsibilities.
You will take ownership for your own tasks and will endeavour to deal with issues using your own acumen. You will communicate closely with the Project Management team and will escalate issues when appropriate.
You will have sufficient technical knowledge and capability that you can understand new concepts and principles driven by Lyra’s founder and Chief Technical Officer, and drive relevant work scopes into the engineering team.
You will integrate your own methods and ideas in order to deliver the company’s technically innovations.
You will understand the fundamentals of power electronics both in terms of software and hardware and you will be driven by your belief in the importance of both for future mobility, industry and the supporting infrastructure.
Lastly, you will enjoy working as part of a close knit team where every individual’s contribution matters and where you will have the freedom to interact directly with every member of the business.
Minimum educational qualifications
• Degree in Electronics Engineering or equivalent.
• You will have a minimum of five years working within a similar field of embedded software design or application ideally for the control of power electronics
• You will have coached one or more junior engineers
Other advantageous skills
• Experience using version control and change management tools
• Experience with Model Based Software Development using Matlab/Simulink and auto C code generation using Embedded Coder/Targetlink
• Experience with AUTOSAR based toolchain
• Experience in writing ‘apps’ for Android and iOS
• Experience of working in the automotive industry
• Knowledge of writing software for high voltages and high currents
• Experience of DFMEA
To fulfil the role you will
• Support the development of, and ensure adherence to, project plans
• Interpret internal/customer specifications and ensure adherence to requirements documentation
• Analyse, refine and decompose high level requirements to generate software requirements
• Have experience across all phases of V style software development cycle
• Have experience with software architecture design, component identification and interface definition
• Implement embedded software to drive power electronics components included embedded code, APIs and user interfaces
• Demonstrate C programming skills as per coding guidelines such as MISRA
• Have experience with communication protocols such as CAN, I2C, SPI, Flexray, LIN and writing drivers for them
• Have experience with 32-bit MCUs such as TI C2000, Infineon Tricore AURIX family etc.
• Understand low-level electronics and be able to trace schematics as required during software debugging and testing
• Write unit, integration and system level test specification and test the embedded software as per test specifications
• Support simulation activities for power electronics devices
• Have experience working within A-SPICE, ISO26262 (or equivalent) Systems Process management
• Be familiar with ASIL ratings and Functional Safety
• Support product documentation (user manuals, etc.)
• Be comfortable working directly with customers including, from time to time, on site at their premises
• Understand the importance of test, quality assurance and release processes and assure strict adherence to these at all time
• Demonstrate a self-motivated approach to problem solving
• Be capable of the highest quality of communication to the Project Management team, the Engineering Manager and customers
• Unlimited Leave
• Lyra contributes 5% towards each staff members pension scheme contribution
• Group Life (4 times basic annual salary)
• Employee Assistance Programme
email your CV!