How do you plan to engineer the green revolution?
Do you have what it takes, and you would you like to contribute significantly to the success of a growing Electronics team?
Our offer to you, at Lyra Electronics, is an environment where you can do this.
Your primary responsibility is to develop and deliver robust power electronic units to our customers under guidance of senior engineers; your activities will span across one or more projects.
Knowledge and experience with ISO26262 (or similar) and electrical safety standards are a plus.
You will be capable and comfortable working well in teams with engineers of all disciplines.
You will enjoy working as part of a close-knit team where every individual’s contribution matters and where you will have the freedom to interact directly with every member of the business.
About the role
You will take ownership for your own tasks and will endeavour to deal with issues using your own acumen. You will communicate closely with the Project Management team and will escalate issues when appropriate.
You will understand the fundamentals of power electronics both in terms of software and hardware and you will be driven by your belief in the importance of both for future mobility, industry, and the supporting infrastructure.
To fulfil the role you will:
· Conduct simulation for power electronics devices and understand the limitations of such simulations
· Create electronic schematics for power electronics components (SMPS, DC-DC, On Board Chargers, Motor Inverters etc.)
· Support PCB layout
· Write and interpret specifications and requirements
· Ensure adherence to requirements documentation
· Work to project plans
· Support product documentation (e.g., design notes, bills of materials, user manuals)
· Learn and understand the implications of ISO26262
· Be capable of the highest quality of communication to the Project Management team, the Engineering Manager, and customers
· Be comfortable working directly with customers including, from time to time, on site at their premises, or in the field
· Demonstrate a self-motivated approach to problem solving
· Knowledge of designing for high voltages (<1.2KV) and high currents
· Experience of working with electric vehicle systems
· Knowledge of designing power supplies and control circuits for power electronics
· Experience of electronics simulation software such as SPICE, PLECS, SIMSCAPE, PSIM
· Experience of electronic CAD software e.g. Altium, Eagle
· Knowledge of the use and limitations of lab test equipment and instrumentation
· Experience of MATLAB / Simulink / LabVIEW or similar
· Experience of DFMEA
· Be familiar with ASIL ratings and Functional Safety
· Knowledge of embedded C
Lyra Electronics is a growth-stage high-technology engineering company working at the leading edge of power electronics and battery technologies. With established roots in motorsport and the automotive industry, Lyra Electronics serves the growing demands of any industry that is looking to embrace electrification to improve its cost performance and environmental footprint.
Lyra specialises in high efficiency, compact and high-performance DC-DC converters, motor drive inverters, on board chargers, systems and other power electronics topologies to support electrification of all industries. We at Lyra Electronics are looking to recruit the highest calibre engineers to join our highly motivated team to make their own contribution to a fast-growing company in a fast-moving industry.
· Salary Range £35,000 - £50,000 depending on experience and ability
· Unlimited Leave
· Lyra contributes 5% towards each staff members pension scheme contribution
· Group Life Insurance (4 times basic annual salary)
· Employee Assistance Programme