How do you plan to engineer the green revolution?
Do you have what it takes, and you would you like to contribute significantly to the success of a growing Electronics team?
Our offer to you, at Lyra Electronics, is an environment where you can do this.
Your primary responsibility is to ensure that we develop and deliver robust power electronic units to our customers; your activities will span across one or more projects.
You will have sufficient technical knowledge to understand new product concepts driven by Lyra’s founder and Chief Technical Officer, design schematics and PCB layout, and specify tests scenarios. You will integrate your own methods and ideas to deliver the company’s technical innovations.
Knowledge and experience with ISO26262 (or similar) and electrical safety standards are a plus.
You will be capable and comfortable working directly with customers and partners.
You will enjoy working as part of a close-knit team where every individual’s contribution matters and where you will have the freedom to interact directly with every member of the busines
Requirements & Educational qualifications
· Degree in Electronics Engineering or equivalent.
· You will have a minimum of five years working experience within a similar field of embedded electronics design or power electronics applications
· You will have coached one or more junior engineers
· You will have good working knowledge of the challenges surrounding electrification of transport and industry
To fulfil the role you will:
· Conduct simulation for power electronics devices and understand the limitations of such simulations
· Create electronic schematics for power electronics components (SMPS, DC-DC, motor inverters, on board chargers etc.)
· Support PCB layout
· Write and interpret specifications and requirements
· Ensure adherence to requirements documentation
· Support the development of, and ensure adherence to, project plans
· Support product documentation (e.g., design notes, bills of materials, user manuals)
· Understand the implications of ISO26262
· Be familiar with ASIL ratings and Functional Safety
· Be capable of the highest quality of communication to the Project Management team, the Engineering Manager, and customers
· Be comfortable working directly with customers including, from time to time, on site at their premises, or in the field
· Understand the importance of test, quality assurance and release processes and assure strict adherence to these at all time
· Demonstrate a self-motivated approach to problem solving
· Knowledge of designing for high voltages and high currents
· Experience of working with electric vehicle systems
· Knowledge of designing power supplies and control circuits for power electronics
· Knowledge of the use and limitations of lab test equipment and instrumentation
· Experience of electronic CAD software e.g. Altium, Eagle
· Experience of MATLAB / Simulink / LabVIEW or similar
· Experience of DFMEA
· Experience of embedded C
· Appreciation of motor control principles
Lyra Electronics is a growth-stage high-technology engineering company working at the leading edge of power electronics and battery technologies. With established roots in motorsport and the automotive industry, Lyra Electronics serves the growing demands of any industry that is looking to embrace electrification to improve its cost performance and environmental footprint.
Lyra specialises in high efficiency, compact and high-performance DC-DC converters, motor drive inverters, on board chargers and other power electronics topologies to support electrification of all industries. We at Lyra Electronics are looking to recruit the highest calibre engineers to join our highly motivated team to make their own contribution to a fast-growing company in a fast-moving industry.
· Unlimited Leave
· Lyra contributes 5% towards each staff members pension scheme contribution
· Group Life Insurance (4 times basic annual salary)
· Employee Assistance Programme