Lyra Electronics is a growth-stage high-technology engineering company working at the leading edge of power electronics and battery technologies.
With established roots in motorsport and the automotive industry, Lyra Electronics serves the growing demands of any industry that is looking to embrace electrification to improve its cost performance and environmental footprint.
Lyra specialises in high efficiency, compact and high performance DC-DC converters, motor drive inverters, battery management systems and other power electronics topologies to support electrification of all industries.
We at Lyra Electronics are looking to recruit the highest calibre engineers to join our highly motivated team to make their own contribution to a fast growing company in a fast moving industry.
Do you have a structured mindset and desire to check if systems are robust in all possible edge cases?
Do you have what it takes, and you would you like to contribute significantly to the success of a recently formed Systems Engineering and Test Team?
Our offer to you, at Lyra Electronics, is an environment where you can do this.
Your primary responsibility is to ensure that we develop and deliver robust power electronic units to our customers. Your activities will span across one or more projects.
You will have sufficient technical knowledge to understand product concepts, design test environments, and specify tests scenarios.
Knowledge and experience with ASPICE and ISO26262 (or similar) are a plus.
You will be capable and comfortable working directly with customers and partners.
You will enjoy working as part of a close-knit team where every individual’s contribution matters and where you will have the freedom to interact directly with every member of the business.
• Engineering Degree: BSc (Hons) minimum 2:1. Professional Experience demonstrating equivalent competence in the discipline may be acceptable.
• A minimum of five years working within a similar role, ideally control or power electronics
• Working knowledge of test equipment (eg. oscilloscopes, power analyser, spectrum analyser)
Other advantageous skills
• Background in Controls, Software or Electronics
• Experience of system level product integration (such as whole vehicle)
• Knowledge of EMC and Environmental standards and applicable test procedures
• Review System Requirements at early stages and provide feedback regarding their testability
• Write comprehensive test specifications ensuring full requirements coverage
• Write test specifications considering real world scenarios (e.g. combinations of external factors) which may not be captured explicitly in requirements
• Execute tests and document test results
• Support with impact analysis during change management process
• Identify regression tests
• Ensure your work products are formally reviewed and feedback is incorporated
• Design and build test equipment / test rigs
• Write test automation scripts
• Participate in formal reviews
• Participate in knowledge sharing activities to professionally develop yourself and others
• Unlimited Leave
• Lyra contributes 5% towards each staff members pension scheme contribution
• Group Life (4 times basic annual salary)
• Employee Assistance Programme