How do you plan to engineer the green revolution?
Do you have what it takes, and you would you like to contribute significantly to the success of a growing Electronics team?
Our offer to you, at Lyra Electronics, is an environment where you can do this.
Your primary responsibility is to develop and deliver robust power electronic units to our customers under guidance of senior engineers; your activities will span across one or more projects.
Knowledge and experience with ISO26262 (or similar) and electrical safety standards are a plus.
You will be capable and comfortable working well in teams with engineers of all disciplines.
You will enjoy working as part of a close-knit team where every individual’s contribution matters and where you will have the freedom to interact directly with every member of the business.
About the role
Your primary responsibility will be to develop and deliver robust power electronic converters to our customers under the guidance of senior engineers.
You will understand the fundamentals of electronics. Knowledge and experience of electrical safety standards are an advantage.
You will take ownership of your tasks and you will endeavour to deal with issues using your own initiative. You will communicate closely with the Project Management team and escalate issues when appropriate.
You will be working as part of a close-knit team, within a broader multidisciplinary team on a range of projects. At Lyra every individual’s contribution matters and where you will have the freedom to interact directly with every member of the business.
To fulfil the role you will:
• Design systems and circuits to internal and external requirements
• Create electronic schematics for power electronics components (SMPS, DC-DC, motor inverters, chargers, etc.) and control circuits
• Support and carry out PCB layout
• Conduct simulation for electronic circuits and understand the limitations of such simulations
• Write and interpret specifications and requirements
• Work to project plans
• Support product documentation (e.g. design notes, bills of materials, user manuals)
• Be comfortable working directly with customers including, from time to time, on site at their premises or in the field
• Demonstrate a self-motivated approach to problem solving
• Work with software team to define software requirements and debug software
• Experience of specifying micro controllers and designing associated circuitry
• Experience of electronics simulation software such as SPICE, PLECS, SIMSCAPE, PSIM
• Experience of electronic CAD software e.g. Altium, Eagle
• Knowledge of working with high voltages (<1.2KV) and high currents
• Knowledge of the use and limitations of lab test equipment and instrumentation
• Experience of DFMEA
• Practical soldering skills
• Basic C programming experience.
Lyra Electronics is a growth-stage high-technology engineering company working at the leading edge of power electronics. We serve the growing demands of companies looking to embrace electrification to improve the performance and efficiency of their products, while reducing their costs and environmental footprint.
Lyra Electronics specialises in high efficiency, compact and high-performance DC-DC converters, motor drive inverters, on board chargers and other power electronics topologies to support electrification in all sectors.
• Unlimited leave
• 5% employer’s pension contribution
• Salary sacrifice pension scheme available
• Group life insurance (four times basic annual salary) with Employee Assistance Programme
• Group income protection insurance
• Optional private medical insurance
• Continuous professional development (CPD).
HTML Code Creator