Lyra Electronics is a growth-stage high-technology engineering company working at the leading edge of power electronics and battery technologies.
With established roots in motorsport and the automotive industry, Lyra Electronics serves the growing demands of any industry that is looking to embrace electrification to improve its cost performance and environmental footprint.
Lyra specialises in high efficiency, compact and high performance DC-DC converters, motor drive inverters, battery management systems and other power electronics topologies to support electrification of all industries.
We at Lyra Electronics are looking to recruit the highest calibre engineers to join our highly motivated team to make their own contribution to a fast growing company in a fast moving industry.
Do you have a structured mindset and desire to apply systems engineering principles rather than executing fixed processes?
Do you have what it takes, and you would you like to contribute significantly to the success of a recently formed Systems Engineering Team?
Our offer to you, at Lyra Electronics, is an environment where you can do this.
Your primary responsibility is to ensure that we create, develop, and deliver robust power electronic units to our customers. Your activities will span across the full product development lifecycle in one or more projects.
You will have sufficient technical knowledge to understand new product concepts and suggest improvements to ensure reliability, robustness, and compliance with applicable standards – whilst also considering timing and cost efficiency.
Knowledge and experience with ASPICE and ISO26262 (or similar) are a plus.
You will be capable and comfortable working directly with customers and partners.
You will enjoy working as part of a close-knit team where every individual’s contribution matters and where you will have the freedom to interact directly with every member of the business.
• Engineering Degree: BSc (Hons) minimum 2:1. Professional Experience demonstrating equivalent competence in the discipline may be acceptable.
• A minimum of five years working within a similar field, ideally control or power electronics
Other advantageous skills
• Background in Controls, Software or Electronics
• Experience of system level product integration (such as whole vehicle)
• Identify relevant stakeholders for each project; collect and harmonise their requirements
• Identify and prioritise use cases and related potential failures
• Design functional safe concepts and refine those into requirements allocated to architectural elements
• Describe the interaction of architectural elements to achieve the intended functions in a safe manner
• Use SysML (Rhapsody preferred) to describe system structure and behaviour
• Perform FMEA (experience with AIAG format is preferred)
• Decompose and allocate System Requirements to internal teams (Software, Hardware and Mechanical)
• Ensure requirements are understood and implemented
• Ensure your work products are formally reviewed and feedback is incorporated
• Participate in formal reviews and knowledge transfer
• Produce test specifications and undertake testing to verify implementation matches requirements
• Participate in knowledge sharing activities to professionally develop yourself and others
• Unlimited Leave
• Lyra contributes 5% towards each staff members pension scheme contribution
• Group Life (4 times basic annual salary)
• Employee Assistance Programme